This year in 2019 there can be nothing dramatic in these elections and it shouldn’t be. Because everyone wants the seat and are striving to win the election. According to me, there is going to be a very tough competition for the NDA government this year. Because an incompetent opposition party with no vision for future- except grabbing power is a curse to our country, I feel bad for young congressman men like Sachin Pilot and Jyotiraditya Madhavrao Scindia who are not getting a chance to contest the election. The recent political scenario is highly volatile leading to an unpredictable condition. After winning in three states, Congress has proved themselves as tough competitors. The reasons which contributed to the Congress victory in three states are anti-incumbency, farmers protests, unemployment, and economic stagnation. BJP can make changes by realigning their policies to address these issues. Recently most of the media have provided reports indicating a very competitive union election. There is also a huge prediction that the Lok Sabha elections will result in a hung parliament. For BJP they will surely need support if regional parties and need to focus on getting the support of SHIVSENA and TRS (Telangana Rashtra Samithi) or else it will be very tough for NDA to go through the elections. After not giving special status to Andhra Pradesh and breaking the alliance with TDP (Telugu Desam Party) the support of N. Chandrababu Naidu will surely go to UPA, and the other remaining players are Akhilesh Yadav, Mamta Banerjee and Mayawati who’s support will mainly go to UPA. BJP will surely get the support of AIADMK who will give support to NDA as they are powerless and have less chance of winning. The AIADMK and its rebel faction AMMK, Rajinikanth and PMK are probably the only possible allies left for the BJP. On the other side we also see that DMK slowly extending its support towards Congress, for AIADMK to come in power. Nitish Kumar of Janta Dal United has said that they will extend their support to BJP in 2019 elections. But, it will contest some seats alone in the other state elections.
Finally, there are 3 scenarios.
1) BJP single Largest (Maybe)
2) BJP + forms the Govt. (Likely)
3) INC+ forms the govt. (Likely)
1) BJP Single Largest
1. The rift within INC would be wide and open over RG leadership.
2. Grand old party (INC) would lose its plot among the public and would become nonexistent
3. Regional parties would have an edge, Identity politics would get strengthen.
4. RSS will have too much influence indirectly on national policies
2) BJP + forms the Govt. (Likely)
5. Modi’s stand will soften and he will have too much pressure on him due to alliance partners.
6. There will always be the fear of the fall of the government.
7. BJP may perform very poorly in 2024
3) INC + forms govt.
8. Congress will gain its plot and would gain so much dignity which it lost in the wave of 2014
9. Regional politics will have a benefit.
10. And most importantly the NaMo era would come to its end. MODI will leave politics for sure
11. RaGa may become the Prime minister but would have to face so much criticism and opposition from its own allies
So, here the scenarios and results are different. It will be all up to the public whom they support, because as Abraham Lincoln has quoted that democracy is of the people, by the people, and for the people.