Imagine a world where water has become history and the only place you can find it is in museum.
Funny right ,but wait that’s how dark our future is going to look like.
And apparently in the midst of all the chaos, the water too had an upgradation from necessity to luxury.
So it’s high time to make water conservation the priority by implying small changes in your lifestyle by doing your bit.
Few of the changes are listed below which you should right away imply in your daily lives to do your bit:-
• Make sure to turn off the water or faucet while brushing your teeth. This saves three gallons every day.
RUNNING TAP- 5 litres.
CLOSED TAP OR BUCKET-0.75 LITRES.
• Take Shorter Showers. . A four-minute shower uses approximately 20 to 40 gallons of water.
• Examine the toilet for leaks.
Flushing after toilets-
Flushing -20 Litres
Bucket- 6 LITRES
• Avoid watering the lawn on windy days. There's excessive evaporation. This can waste up to 300 gallons in a single watering.
Ever wondered how to reduce the amount of water you use everyday?
Here's the ways how to do:-
1) Use much around trees and shrubs and in garden beds. This greatly reduces the amount of water lost through evaporation.
2) Consider using a drip irrigation system in your garden.
3) Use only plant varieties that are well adapted to your locality and soil conditions. Less suitable varieties may need more fertilizer or water to live.
4) Use the water from your roof downspouts for watering your garden and flower beds.
5) Use the waste water that come from ACs and Water filters and put them to use for domestic purposes like for cleaning.
There are various approaches to save water. Conserving is one and reusing it is another.
So , Strategies that need to be followed for water conservation:-
1) Rain water harvesting:- The one term which has been ruling our Science subject books, is essentially storing the water and to get it. The system has unique units which incorporate transportation of rainwater, filtration and storing of the processed water.
2) Sustainable water usage :- It is simply using the water in a very precise manner. It includes techniques and joined activities that adds up to minimise the activities which lead to wastage of water.
3) Raising water conservation awareness:-Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.The water conservation has become a major issue to deal with at both organisation as well as individual levels.We all have to go hand in hand as water has become the global priority.Besides, asking people to conserve water let’s first start from our homes because small changes eventually leads to huge results.
We have to wake up right now, or we will all die.