Rain, breeze, earthy smell, greenery and there monsoon has arrived.
Although the season of summer has left and people have got relief from scorching heat but with this, our favourite mangoes have bid a goodbye to us.
We love rain as much as we hate it. Don't we? Rainy season gives us a tough time when we have to go outside but at the same time gives us a good reason to gorge on mass favourite chai and pakodas. Who doesn’t love a hot steaming cup of masala chai and spicy crispy pakodas with chutney?
Rain replenishes the earth and is a gift from God to have life on earth. Rain is not water showering but life showering on plants and trees. It’s as much important for humans too as for trees.
Rainy season brings a good reason to have smoked corns, Indian fritters, tea and soups. And we do love these in this season.
But this season also brings some general seasonal illness with it like flu, cold and cough. To fight with this nature supreme has provided us with plenty of superfoods. Now let’s get note of some superfoods which are as follows –
• Ginger- It increases metabolism and aids digestion. You can mix a few teaspoons of ginger with honey to boost immunity. Also, you can crush it and add in your with tea to make Ginger tea.
• Garlic- It has a good amount of antioxidants and helps in digestion as well. Add in your soups, curries or other dishes.
• Turmeric- It’s an old grandma trick to mix a ¼ a teaspoon of turmeric with tea to get rid of cold.
• Black pepper – Add crushed black peppers in soups and salads. Also, you can eat it with some honey as a cough remedy.
• Dry ginger (sonth)- Powder the dry ginger and mix it with some crystal sugar to give relief to throat.
• Pomegranate- Peel and add the healthy red rubies to your salads and cereals or just munch on them as it is.
• Beetroot- Stir fry it with some regular spices and curry leaves by cutting beetroot in small cubes and throw some grated coconut to add nutty taste.
• Water- Have required the amount of warm water at regular intervals to stay hydrated.
With this let me end the super superfoods list with super immunity packed recipe just for you all to try out this rainy season. This recipe has been my comfort food or soup whichever name suits it well, it's the mighty South Indian “RASAM”.
RECIPE NAME: Black pepper rasam
Time- 5 minutes cooking
Preparatory time – 2 minutes
1. ½tablespoon of tamarind pulp
2. 300 ml of water
3. ¼ tablespoon of cumin, fenugreek and mustard seeds
4. 4 pods of peeled and crushed garlic
5. ½ tablespoon of oil
6. Turmeric and Sugar both- 1/4 tablespoon, salt as per taste
7. 10-12curry leaves,1 dry red chilli
8. 1 chopped tomato
9. ¼ tablespoon asafoetida
10. 10 black peppercorns crushed
• Heat a cooking pot with some oil and when oil heats add the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds cumin and curry leaves.
• When they splutter add whole red chilly, crushed garlic and tomatoes. Fry till tomatoes soften.
• Add asafoetida, turmeric and sugar and then add water with tamarind pulp.
• Add required salt and crushed peppercorns.
• Boil it till 2 minutes and serve it in a bowl to relish as a soup or with rice as you wish.
Hope you like the easy-breezy recipe and try it out to share the outcome.
Do comment whether you liked it and relished it in this rainy season.