Ignore everyone and follow your dreams - Image source: images
Life happens, responsibilities pile up and underneath them, our dreams die. Life has become a rat race and it is so difficult to put up with the world. While fulfilling the bunch of things we are supposed to do, we leave behind the things we want to do. "Follow your dreams" is one of the most encouraging and motivating statements. It fills us with a drive to pursue our passions but it's easy said than done.
Following your dreams can help you live longer and happier: how to live a longer and happier life
All of us have dreams but only a few of us go out to turn them into reality and many among these leave it midway. Path of dreams is the toughest path to follow. It may seem easy to just keep doing the things you love but the bigger picture is tiring.
Following dreams is considered impractical - Image source: images
Since childhood, an anti-dream program is processed in our minds. We are constantly told that dreams don't turn into reality and that we must stop living in the dream world. The truth is your dream makes you who you're.
We are constantly afraid of disappointing the ones we love that we end up disappointing ourselves by giving up on our dreams.
Most of the people are afraid of failures, which are an inevitable part of the road to success.
Read more about why 99% of people give up on their dreams: 15 sad reasons people give up on their dreams
Trade Schools, Colleges and Universities surveyed around 2000 adults about how many of them ended up in the careers they dreamed of as children. It revealed that only 21.94% of adults end up in careers that they dreamed of as children.
Read more about the survey and how not being in expected careers has affected their lives: how many kids end up in their dream jobs
It is better to risk starving to death than surrender. If you give up on your dreams, what's left? -- Jim Carrey.
Don't give up on your dreams - Image source: images
Your dream is the reason you're who you are. Dreams give meaning and purpose to our existence. They shape our lives and transform us into more fulfilling souls and when you're filled only then you can give others. Our dream is God's way of involving us into his plan. When you follow and accomplish your dreams you contribute a lot to this world: your energy, your enthusiasm, your happiness. One happy and content soul can contribute a lot to the happiness of this world. More the number of happier souls, more energy they generate. Remember your dreams and fight for them. If you don't start today, you will regret it for a lifetime.
Read more about the study revealing, people who do not follow their dreams regret: you're really going to regret not chasing your dreams
Fight for your dreams - Image source: images
1) Figure out what you want: The most important step is to comprehend what you want from life. This is where most people go wrong. They fail to figure out where their heart lives. You cannot start a journey if you don't know the destination.
Answer these questions to know what you want in life: 7 powerful questions to find out what you want with your life
2) Visualize: One of the keys to building an ideal life is to visualize it. Psychologists say that our subconscious mind records what we think and visualize and tries to bring it into existence.
3) Celebrate small achievements: One of the biggest mistakes we make is to never appreciate what you have already achieved. Appreciating where you have reached gives a sense of confidence and motivates you to proceed towards the bigger goals.
Know more about how to appreciate yourself: self-praising is the key to self-confidence
4) Surround yourself with alike people: People having the same goals as you, help you to stay on the path. Having people with goals around you always reminds you of your own. Seeing them work hard fills you with the drive of working hard.
5) Learn from failures: If there is anything as certain as day and night, it is failure. Instead of wallowing in self-pity, acknowledge the failure for what it is. Take the lesson from it and start again with improved methods.
Read more about learning from failures: how to learn from failure
6) Be consistent: Consistency is what takes you closer to achieving your dreams. However, being consistent is one of the toughest things for the failures always crush your courage. There will be days when you feel like giving up, just don't. Bend a little, take a break and start again. The consistent efforts will take you there.
Always follow your dreams - Image source: images
Life offers very many opportunities to succeed and to give up as well, the choice is entirely yours. The one thing that vouches for failure is: giving up. As long as you're working, you are succeeding.
A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work. — Colin Powell