If swimming appeals to you as an adventurous sport, learn how to swim and cross the seas. While the task is challenging and tricky, it is also great fun. Here are the basics of getting started with swimming, however it should always be undertaken in the supervision of an expert or practitioner.
1. Let go of your fear : A lot of people put off learning how to swim because they're afraid of drowning. While drownings do occur, most of them could have been prevented by simple safety measures. Follow simple guidelines whenever you're swimming, and the odds of drowning will decrease dramatically like always stay in the depth you can handle, don’t push yourself too hard to stay for long holding your breathe, etc.
2. Get used to floating: When you're in the water, hold on to the side of the pool and let your legs float out behind you. This will help you to make yourself easy and comfortable in water and would also make your movement and reflexes faster.For extra stability, put out your arms at a right angle so that your body is in a "T" shape.
3. Wear goggles : Wearing goggles can help you feel more comfortable opening your eyes underwater, and might allow you to see more clearly. It can also help you to protect your from dirty particles in water to enter your eyes.
4. Use your arms to crawl in water : Use your arms to propel yourself while swimming. This will not let to lose track of where you are heading to and again would loosen up your joints and muscles to be able to swim better.
5. Don’t fear diving : For many, diving is only what daring people can do. However, to completely come out of your fear of water, diving can be a good idea. It is not just about jumping from a great height, it is more about courage and guts to enter into water. If once overcomed would help you gel completely in water.