The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it.
Or it is in fact that we are so ignorant about how dreadful the condition of our planet.
So to a greater or lesser extent, almost all the world’s countries are responsible for the high level of global pollution, but there are five that stand out from the rest, as shown below:
1)China (30%):- The world’s most populated and one of the biggest economy of the world is an enormous exports market, which has seen it’s industry grow not only in terms of finance but as a big environmental danger.
The level of air pollution in Beijing, China is so devastating that breathing its air has been compared to the health risks same as smoking as many as 40 cigarettes in a day.
And the cherry on the top is thatThe air pollution of China is visible even from the space.
2) United States (15%):-The world’s biggest industrial and commercial power but also the biggest sufferer of Air Pollution.
Almost one third of air pollution in San Francisco is due to the air pollution in China which can travel as far as the Central Valley in the United States.
• The increase in air pollution in China also increases the occurrence of snowfall in the state of California.
• The five cities with the highest air pollution in the United States are all from California.
• According to The American Lung Association, 40% of the American population is exposed to unhealthy air.
3) India(7%):- Fourteen out of the world’s 15 most contaminated cities are in India, states World Health Organisation.
The health risks of breathing the air of Mumbai for a day is same as smoking 100 cigarettes.
• The capital of India, Delhi, has the most polluted air in the world.
• In 2013, outdoor pollution of air was reported to be the 5th greatest cause of deaths.
• Approximately 100,000 people in India die prematurely because of air pollution.
• The air in Delhi is assumed to surpass the accepted limit by four times.
• According to WHO, the Delhi air is two times more toxic than the air in Beijing.
4) Russia(5%)- The biggest country in the world geographically appears in this ranking for its high dependence on products such as oil, coal, gas and fossil fuels. Also, in the past few years, this country has faced various environmental emergencies which include deforestation and animal hunting.
To curb global warming, a variety of measures need to be taken, such as adding more renewable energy and replacing gasoline-fueled cars with zero-emissions vehicles such as electric ones. On a larger scale, governments at all levels are making commitments to limit emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases.
But above all we have to make collective efforts and make environment- friendly choices our priority and habit .