Unity, a term used when many people stand together to complete an initiative. Similarly, people from different countries can stand together for the initiative of protecting the environment. People from the USA can help the people of India with technology. Similarly, different countries can help in different ways. One has to stand up to take the initiative; it could be ‘you’, so raise your confidence and be the Leader. Being a leader does not mean that you need to work alone; this is the responsibility given to the one who is responsible, friendly, etc.
The answer to the above question “CAN WE WORK TOGETHER TO PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT?” is YES!!! Working together always helps. For instance, the Salt March of Gandhi, where at first there were only a few people, but afterward the came together and broke the salt law. We are connected by the oceans, and can also be connected by hearts, so let’s take an initiative and protect our environment. Even if there are only a few people, in the beginning, do not lose confidence, we can accomplish and even if we fail, we will just learn from failures, so never lose hope and be confident. The environment is an essential part of our living. It provides us with wood from the tree, water from rivers, oxygen and carbon dioxide from the air and various other necessities. So, if we come together we can even take our supplies and resources together to form a flawless environment with resources from all over the world. I want you all to keep your ego aside for your country because it’s your own country and not others so please get together.
Even if you don’t get together, you can even protect the environment by being away from each other. Some of them are:
1. Change your driving habits i.e. reduce the usage of vehicles for short distances and instead use bicycles for short distances because pollution is a major reason for harming the environment.
2. Reduce the wastage of water. You can do this by reducing the duration of the shower, checking the taps twice before leaving the bathroom.
3. Cut down on your energy usage i.e. use less electricity than you carelessly waste in your homes, office and various other places. Spread awareness in your community.
4. Spend time in your garden. This will help you get lots of vitamins essential for your body. This will even help you cut down on your energy usage.
5. Recycle. Recycling is such a simple thing to do, but so many people don’t do it. You can start it right now by throwing the garbage around you in dustbins. Telling your friends to do the same.
6. Use less plastic. This will prevent the choking of various animals and it would help in protecting our nature.
7. Use a reusable shopping bag.
These are some of the value points you could inculcate in yourself and the people around you. Even if you are selfish, you should do it for yourself because this will help you live for you only. So, please at least do it for yourself.
The United Nations and other international bodies have identified strict pressures facing the oceans, all of which are caused by human activities:
Among global climate change, effects are rising sea levels and warming waters. Coupled with acidifying of the ocean, these pressures are destroying physical and biological conditions in the oceans.
Marine pollution is another major source of pressure on the oceans. Land-based activities account for 80% of marine pollution whose volume continues to increase.
Over-extraction and the unsustainable exploitation of marine resources result in an ever more damaging effect on marine environments and marine life. This impact is particularly destructive when it occurs in combination with the destruction of habitats that are essential to many marine services.
In addition to the loss of healthy habitats, the introduction of different species through human activities reduces the populations of native species and promotes destructive ecological change.
These are the major possible causes for ocean depletion and various other causes that destroy our oceans and other water bodies in the world, not only India. So, by looking over them, we can predict precautions that can be taken for improving our oceans.
Air is also an essential part of human living because oxygen is the most essential thing that a man needs for a proper and healthy living. If oxygen is not available, it would create a lot of ruckus and the hospitals will also not be able to help. So, we should protect ourselves from Air Pollution. Various causes of air pollution are:
1. The smoke that is blown from the factories and industries.
2. Sulphur dioxide that is emitted from various types of fossil fuels is an essential way of spreading air pollution.
3. Ammonia is a very common by-product of agriculture-related activities and is one of the most hazardous gases in the atmosphere. The use of insecticides, pesticides, and fertilizers in agricultural activities has also grown a lot. They emit harmful chemicals into the air and can also cause water pollution.
4. Mining is a process wherein minerals below the earth are extracted using large equipment. During the process dust and chemicals are released in the air causing massive air pollution.
These could be prevented using:
1. Encourage people to use more and more public modes of transportation to reduce pollution. Also, try to make use of carpooling. It will save your time, money and our Earth.
2. Do not throw away items that are of no use to you. In-fact it reuses them for some other purpose. E.g. you can use old jars to store cereals or pulses
So, I would finally like to end my essay with my hope that you would follow these instructions for protecting our Earth and wildlife. I request you all to keep your ego aside for some time and get together and help us save our Earth from Global Warming.