Keeping your immune system healthy is one of the most important ways to prevent disease and infections.A good immune system is the key to strengthening your ability to fight off sickness and lowers the risk of peaks and troughs with your approach to exercise.Here are 5 examples of day to day habits that can be changed at any level, to optimize a healthy immune system and leave you feeling great.
• Foods can certainly boost the immune system. Specifically, try to eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, dairy product, and lean protein. Also fit in food with omega-3 fatty acids, like eggs, meat, salmon. All these foods will not only build up your body but also improve your immune system, and help you to maintain a healthy weight.
• Exercise can help maintaining a healthy immune system. But, exercise that too intense, specially if you are already feeling under the weather, can have opposite effect and can lower your immunity.
• If you get enough sleep, it will help your body fight off sickness and make you feel fresh throughout the day. An adult should get 6-9 hours of sleep a day.
• Water intake can have many positive benefits for your immune system, it improves your digestion capacity and prevents possible pathogens like virus and bacteria. Staying hydrated helps all the body parts function properly.
• Vitamins B6, Vitamin C and E are all known for their immune boosting properties. You can get all of these vitamins from a well-balanced diet. Some foods which are rich in these vitamins include eggs, bell peppers, spinach and almonds.
• Regularly pushing yourself at work or at gym can put a ton of stress on your body. So a regular break of once or twice a week is good for relaxing your body and keeping your immune system strong.