From our very childhood, we have always had milk because of its nutritious value that our parents felt was important for us. Questioning milk in our diet could never have been questioned. Whether we liked it or not, we were made to have milk either by adding a flavour to change its taste or giving it in some other form like curd, lassi and what not. So here are some mind – blowing and unknown facts about the milk that has always been playing a major role in your life.
• Lactase Persistence, the ability of humans to digest milk as an adult, is only common among Europeans and those of European ancestry, as a unique mutation. Most of the global population, including 90% of Asians and 100% of Native Americans, have some degree of lactose intolerance.
• People who drink whole milk are less likely to be fat than those who drink low-fat milk.
• Milk can be used for creating a type of plastic that is odorless, biodegradable, antistatic, insoluble in water and virtually nonflammable.
• Breast milk contains substances which are not digestible by human infants, but which serve as food for desirable gut bacteria.
• 65% of the milk consumption worldwide is from goat’s milk.
• Milk is the only food that you can survive on wholly on, having every nutrient your body needs to live.
• Milk is the most hydrating beverage you can drink.
• Fresh milk will stay fresher longer if you add a pinch of salt to each quart.
• A cow gives milk for the first time, only after she gives birth to a calf.
• The entire skeleton of a young child is replaced about every two years. That’s why a child’s demand for calcium is so high.
• Hippo's Milk Is Pink in color.
• Buffalo milk has 25 per cent more protein than cow’s milk.
Only whole milk contains vitamin D. Nearly Half of Americans Get Their Vitamin D From Milk