FRIENDS, the epic sitcom which has gained a permanent place in everyone's heart. This article is purely for the fans and if you haven’t watched this show yet, then give me the liberty to ask you, ‘What the hell is wrong with you?!’. Anyways, do watch the show and join us in this crazy “F.R.I.E.N.D.S- DIE HARD FAN CLUB”.
The six main characters, Chandler, Ross, Joey, Monica, Phoebe and Rachel have left an everlasting impression on our lives. Here are the catchphrases and words of all the ‘friends’, that have become a part of our life, and which will never fail to bring a smile on our faces whenever we read or listen to them. Feel free to use these one-liners whenever you chat with a ‘friends’ fan.
· “I’m hopeless and awkward and desperate for love!”
· “Gum would be perfection.”
· “Could I be anymore…”
· “I’m not so good with the advice. Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?”
· “There’s a phoebe on my sandwich.”
Remembering Chandler means visualising him doing the ‘awkward dance’. Well he has also taught us how not to pose for a camera, right?
ADORABLY DUMB JOEY
· “How you doin’?”
· “It’s a moo point”
· “Joey doesn’t share food!”
· “I’m curvy and I like it.”
· “You don’t own a TV? What’s all your furniture pointed at?”
Joey and pizza go hand in hand. So next time don’t forget to order a joey special, i.e. 2 pizzas!
DR. ROSS GELLER
· “We were on a break!!!”
· “I’m fiiiiiiiine”
· “By the way, Y-O-U apostrophe-R-E means ‘you are’ and Y-O-U-R means ‘your!’”
· “Just so you know, it’s NOT that common, it DOESN’T happen to every guy, and it IS a big deal!”
Ross is just amazing. So what he doesn’t know how to flirt, he surely is a doctor!!
P.S: Personally, I feel Ross and Rachel were on a break and she should have forgiven him sooner.
· “I KNOW!”
· “Seven, seven, seven……”
· “Welcome to the real world! it sucks. You’re gonna love it!”
· “Shut up. The camera adds ten pounds.”
I remember Monica whenever my room is a mess or whenever I’m hungry. After all, what better a combination than being a cook and having OCD?
WONDERFULLY WEIRD PHOEBE
· Smelly cat, sme-ly cat,
what are they feeding you?
Smelly cat, smel-ly cat, it’s not your fault.
· “Hello, I’m Regina Phalange.”
· “Oh, no.”
· “They don’t know we know they know we know.”
· “That is brand new information!”
· Princess Consuela Banana hammock
· “My eyes!”
· “Oh, I wish I could but I don’t want to.”
· “Pick up the sock!”
· “He’s her lobster.”
Phoebe is my personal favourite. She is carefree, cool and super-loving. Mike a.k.a Mr. Crapbag, is no doubt her perfect partner in crime.
· “No uterus, no opinion.”
· “I mean, isn’t that just kick-you-in-the-crotch, spit-on-your-neck fantastic?”
· “He is so pretty, I want to cry.”
· “Greens never quit.”
Rachel Green is a star. She and her fashion, both are extraordinary. She should get an Oscar for bearing all the ‘dinosaur talks’ of Ross.
While these people have added a lot of new words to our vocabulary including the ‘friend zone’, they have also taught us many life lessons. They taught us what true friendship, compassion and love are. Chandler and Monica gave us couple goals and Phoebe taught us to live our lives to the fullest. Joey and Chandler’s friendship has set a whole new meaning to the word itself. Ross and Rachel are a perfect example of selfless love and they give us the hope to wait for our perfect partner.
Let me conclude by mentioning the highlight of this show, none other than Janice. I have just one thing for her, “OH. My. Gawwwwd.”