There are many ways to enhance your resume, but listed below are 5 easy changes you can make to ensure you’re on the right track!
1. Improve your header: Ensure your name is the largest font on the resume. Only include the city, state and zip code that you live in opposed to a full mailing address to avoid potential discrimination. Use a professional email address! (first name.last name@gmail/yahoo, etc works well!) •
2. Trade an objective section for a summary statement! If you’re submitting a job application, employers know you are seeking employment. Utilize this space to make a great first impression by emphasizing your skills and strengths related to the position of interest.
3. Unless specifically stated otherwise, your GPA is not required on a resume. Only include it if it is above 3.0/4.0—it becomes even more irrelevant after you’ve been working for 2 years.
4. Don’t include “references upon request” on your resume. An employer will ask you to submit references when necessary.
5. Tailor your resume to each position you apply for by adding in buzzwords/industry specific terminology. •