We all have been through some interviews in our lives and a number of us have had tough time while being asked some general knowledge questions. So, today I decided to write about the FIRSTS in india
• The first president of India was Dr. Rajendra Prasad.
• The first and the only president who died in the office was Dr Zakir Hussain
• The first Chief Justice of India to be appointed as the President was My Hidayatullah
• The first vice president of india was Dr S Radhakrishna
• The first and the only vice president who died in the office was Shri Krishna Kant
• The first PM of india was JL Nehru
• The first PM who died abroad was Lal Bahadur Shastri
• The first sitting of rajyasabha was held on 3 April 1952
• The first sitting of loksabha was held on 13 may 1952
• The first speaker of the Lok Sabha was GV Mavlanker
• The first CJI Was HJ kania
• The first attorney General of india was MC Setalvad
• The first amendment in Indian Constitution was held in 1951 and the ninth schedule was added
• The first newspaper in india was the Bengal Gazzette
• The first census in India was held in 1872
• The first satellite launched by india was Aryabhatta
• The first hydroelectric project in india was Sidrapong
• The first Indian to climb Mt Everest without oxygen was Sherpa Ang
• The first Indian female to win a nobel Prize was Mother Teresa
• The first Indian to receive Nobel Prize for physics was CV Raman
• The first women judge of Supreme Court was Fatima Beevi
• The first Municipal Corporation in india was introduced in Madras
• The first Chief Election Commission was Sukumaar Sen
These questions can be asked in any interview ranging from civil services to the mere interview for selection in any college. So we all must be well equipped with this general knowledge.
What is intriguing about all this is that India, which is still a developing country, has managed to push through all barriers and has created a history through its achievements. The Mars Orbiter Mission madeIndia the only nation in the world to reach Mars in its first attempt. Mangalyaan-1, the indigenously built space probe markedIndia'sfirst venture into the interplanetary space. It also madeIndiafirst in Asia, and fourth in the world to reach the surface of Mars.
Twice invaded by foreigners and drained off its wealth, India still has managed to prove their mettle in almost every field. India is one of four largest military powers in the world today, and has got one of most sophisticated missile programs in the world.India has also given the greatest CEO's to the world's biggest multinational companies.
India didn't lack behind in technology. It has given birth to greatest scientists and mathematicians too. India is the only Nation that gave its citizens the right to vote soon after independence. India's biggest achievement is APJ Abdul kalam who believed in the technology process of Nation. He is known as the 'Missile Man Of India'. Aryabhatta gave the world zero and decimal without which the present calculations would have been impossible.